Ortu Gable Hall School was last inspected in May 2022. Sixth Form provision was rated 'Good'.
Key findings for the Sixth Form were:
- Pupils are proud of the contributions they make in school and to the local community. For example, they enjoy fundraising and undertaking voluntary work.
- Sixth-form students delight in helping in the younger classes.
- Students in the sixth form value their study time and read widely around their subjects.
- Leaders provide well for sixth-form students with SEND.
- Students follow a comprehensive tutor programme which focuses on preparation for adulthood.
- A range of effective support is in place to help students make choices about their future careers or study.
- Sixth-form students speak appreciatively of the opportunities for work experience.
- Students successfully secure their next steps in employment, education and training.
Key findings for the Sixth Form during the 2018 report were:
- The sixth form has improved since the last inspection. The leadership and management of the sixth form are effective in promoting students’ high aspirations and positive self-esteem. Leaders have high expectations. These factors help to ensure that students succeed.
Students follow academic and vocational courses appropriate to their needs and abilities. These enable them to make good progress.
The quality of teaching is consistently good in the sixth form. Teachers’ strong subject knowledge, effective questioning and inspiring approaches to teaching and learning enable students to add to their knowledge and deepen their understanding. Students work hard in lessons.
Personal development and welfare in the sixth form are good. Students are happy and feel well supported and safe.
Relationships between staff and students are strong. These relationships are based on mutual respect and the understanding of staff for each individual student and his or her individual needs.
Sixth-form students are prefects and act as good role models for younger pupils.
Good impartial careers advice, guidance and support enable students to make well-informed choices about their future. This prepares them well for life beyond the sixth form.
Students speak of a positive atmosphere and of being encouraged to do well by their teachers.
Students in the sixth form make good progress from their starting points.
|Ofsted report January 2016||16th May 2019||Download|
|Ofsted Report 2014||16th May 2019||Download|
|Ofsted Inspection Handbook||16th May 2019||Download|
|Ofsted Report May 2018||08th Sep 2021||Download|
|Ofsted Report May 2022||15th Jul 2022||Download|
|Ofsted letter to parents and students 14 May 2012||16th May 2019||Download|